[opendtv] Re: FCC TAKES STEPS TO ALLOW NEW LOW POWER DEVICES ON VACANT TV CHANNELS

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:01:04 -0400

Somebody gets it! Be still my pacemaker (and numerous hospital type devices??)

No one going to mention broadband over power lines or gas pipes? Of
course neither of those will leak right?

It looks like a full court press on OTA spectrum to me. Has since 2000.

Like former Chairman Powell said in reference to the low numbers of
viewers who still depend on OTA, "What are we protecting?"

Doesn't look like they plan on protecting anything much. And what
about that auction that is coming up? Many say it will dwarf the cell
auction we just had that brought in $14 billion. So some upstart
Congress-critter has to be day dreaming about just what channels 2-51
would bring.

The only fly in this ointment is the success that OTA is having over
there, over just about any there. And this will all come to pass in
early 2009??? Just after China shows off its new OTA at the Olympics
in the summer of 2008.

All the ammunition is dry and the pile is getting bigger. All someone
has to do is lob in a small mortar round and we know what that looks
like.

Bob Miller

On 10/13/06, flyback1 <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I see this as a not so subtle jab by the FCC at the free to air
broadcasters.