[opendtv] Re: FCC TAKES STEPS TO ALLOW NEW LOW POWER DEVICES ON VACANT TV CHANNELS

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:35:07 -0400

What is insurmountable for me is finding any examples of LPTV stations
or groups of LPTV stations that have sold for more than $45 million. I
know of one NYC station that sold for $9 million.

I have never been in Larry's office on Whilshire but I did talk to him
and he knows of one sale of a very special situation for $18 million a
number of years ago.

Both of us should defer to your better memory on the subject. More
details please on any LPTV station that sold for anywhere near $45
million let alone over that sum.

Seriously I want to unload a bunch of LPTV stations on any lucky
entitiy that is willing to spend a fraction of that on stations that
are very special in special markets.

But I am in a hurry. There is a DEADLINE to meet.

Bob Miller

On 10/15/06, John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Happy to hear that one of your bets finally paid off.  Do you always play long
shots?

As for the sellers, talk to Rogow and Spire.  You need to be in the right market at the
right time.  A tough challenge for everyone, but might be insurmountable for you.  If you
need to know the name of their company or their telephone number, you might not really be
in the LPTV business.  I'll be happy to tell you in a private email.  I've actually been
to their offices on the "Miracle Mile."

Oh yeah, they actually built their stations.  They didn't sell bare
construction permits.  I'm guessing that you just have bare cps.  They probably
ain't worth squat, particularly without digital companion channels.