[opendtv] Re: FCC Seeks Comments on Bird Collisions

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 19:49:01 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

You sure that isn't the Bird Corporation's "Watt Meter?" :-)

Actually, I did read the April '68 and '69 issue of Broadcast Engineering, in 1973 or 1974.  I don't retain much of either, however.

John Willkie

P.S.  I think the only solution - I may propose this to the FCC -- is to station sharpshooters atop each radiator to shoot the birds down, to avoid any damage to the tower or reception by their demise.  Much less collateral damage than white strobes, but slightly more construction costs, including the handicap-accessible wc.