[opendtv] Re: FCC Opens TV Spectrum for Broadband Use

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 15:00:25 -0600

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

>> Imagine, for example, zoning laws. The government writes one set of
>> laws, and then they re-zone the land according to who will put more
>> money into the government coffers. Every so often, you just
>> re-define the zones.
>>
>> It would be great for the construction industry, at the very least.
>
> Already happened.

The fact that this behavior is similar to an isolated case in New London
(involving redevelopment of some land) does not mean that we should hope for
the government to operate this way all the time, Craig. Just as you object
about that land dispute in New London, you should also object about a notion
that had the FCC yanking away FOTA spectrum to hand it over to those who would
give the government more revenues with the latest fashionable trend.