[opendtv] Re: FCC Opens TV Spectrum for Broadband Use

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 06:25:00 -0500

At 12:43 PM -0500 12/3/10, Cliff Benham wrote:
On 12/3/2010 7:14 AM, Craig Birkmaier wrote:
The main question for most people is whether it is worth the effort to
use an antenna to receive what is available on FOTA TV?

I get 65+ programs from 19 OTA DTV Transmitters.

To do this I had to install three antennas; a low VHF, a high VHF and a UHF.

Fortunately I live in line with two major markets and several smaller nearby ones that I can receive signals from, so this adds to the number of programs I can watch.

For me this is free TV, and I can ignore the commercials as they zip by
at speeds of up to one minutes-worth per second with a DVR.

Which still begs the question, is any of this stuff worth watching?

Who also notes that during many day parts a significant number of these 65 channels carry duplicates of the same content.