[opendtv] Re: --FCC OKs WiFi between TV channels

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:58:05 -0400

At 1:37 PM -0700 5/27/04, Dale Kelly wrote:
>Bert, you are mistaken. Skip and I have completely opposing views on this
>subject.
>My original mail was a rebuttal of Craig's reply to John Golitis in which
>Graig once again railed against the relevance of broadcasting.
>Skip simply agreed with one of my suppositions and used that to post his
>"spin" on the subject.

If you insist, I guess I am railing against broadcasting. From here
it looks more like stating the obvious; much of the audience is gone,
especially among the upper tier viewers who are investing in HD
capable receivers. It is true that the only way to get the HD version
of many network programs is via an OTA antenna. The question is, is
this enough of a difference to justify the hassle of installing an
antenna?

Perhaps.

The availability of most NFL football games next season in HD should
provide a more meaningful test of the lengths to which HD set owners
will travel to receive off air broadcasts.

Just because a portion of the audience is gone, does not mean that
the the networks are irrelevant.