[opendtv] Re: --FCC OKs WiFi between TV channels

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 08:12:21 -0400

At 1:22 PM -0400 5/25/04, John Golitsis wrote:
>I simply don't believe this story.  These two people buy HD
>satellite receivers
>and neither are interested in network HD programming?

Believe it. This is a modern reality. For many upscale homes, the
only network content they watch is live sports. This has been evident
in demographic studies for most of the past decade.

And, it is not as if these folks have no other option than an
antenna. If they live in the top 50 markets they can get their locals
from the DBS provider without the hassle of putting up an antenna.
And some upscale homes keep the basic cable service to get their
locals.

Sorry John, but many of us have moved on...

There is more to life than the tired old formulaic programming
offered by the networks. Take a look at the Cincinatti Post article I
just posted.