[opendtv] Re: FCC Eliminates Simulcast Rules

  • From: Monty Solomon <monty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:14:21 -0400

At 8:53 AM -0400 9/9/04, Craig Birkmaier wrote:

>The ONLY use of the DTV spectrum for something new seems to be
>related to the efforts of USDTV, which is using portions of the
>Digital channels to deliver unique programming that would not
>otherwise be available OTA.

WGBH, the Boston PBS station, offers programming via the DTV spectrum
(cable and OTA) which is not available via their VHF/UHF spectrum.

Excerpt from
  http://www.wgbh.org/digital/

  Now there are more ways than ever to enjoy your WGBH favorites!
  We're seizing the digital revolution to offer you more - more choice,
  more convenience, more channels!

  If you subscribe to Comcast Digital Cable, you can access our full
  expanded menu. If you have a digital tuner in your TV set or in a
  set-top box, you can tune in to WGBH World, WGBH Create, and 'GBH
  Kids. And you'll find WGBH 2 and 44 just where you always have.

http://www.wgbh.org/digital/faq