[opendtv] Re: FCC Eliminates Simulcast Rules

  • From: "Cliff Benham" <cliff.benham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:00:55 -0400

Great. This makes "FCC sense" as usual.

Now, we will all have to watch 90% of local and network programming
in crappy analog cable or off-air conditions.

Few broadcasters bother to insert the ghost cancellation test signal
and no TVs, VCRs, DVD recorders or cable set top boxes, EVEN those
made by PHILIPS, include the ghost cancellation circuitry necessary
to make NTSC watchable on a 30 inch widescreen TV or larger.