[opendtv] Re: FCC Commissioners disagree on media cross-ownership rules

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:02:02 -0800

Unless they change the rule, I see no reason to say no.  It might be
interesting to look at the channel lists to see who opted to jump to UHF
rather than stay on (non-channel-6) VHF channels.

(As John no doubt knows, use of Channel 6 is deprecated in the transition;
IIRC only two stations -- WPVI Philly and KYES Anchorage have opted to
remain on channel 6 after the transition.  In the KYES case, I'm somewhat
familiar with the considerations, having to do with local technical issues
that can't be extrapolated to RF-rich Philadelphia.)

John Willkie

From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>