[opendtv] Re: Execs see challenges bringing Net video to TV

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:26:29 -0700

So, everybody in the neighborhood will be watching the same five channels at
the same time?

Let me see, 5-8-VSB transport streams at the same time is "only" 95 mb/sec.
Of course, you wouldn't need the entire transport stream. But, capturing
four basketball games at the same time (final 8) would "only" be 76 mb/sec.

John Willkie