[opendtv] Re: Execs see challenges bringing Net video to TV

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:51:06 -0400

Tom,

Don't make the mistake of confusing burst speed with sustained speed. Everyone can have bursts of 40 Mbps. Everyone can't have sustained unique 40Mbps streams.

Ever go to the circuit breaker box in your basement, noticed you had 16 20 amp circuits (for a total of 320 amps) in your home, then noticed that they're all fed by a single 100 amp main breaker? How can that be? Each branch has a 20 amp breaker, so you should be able to draw 20 amps from each circuit continuously and simultaneously, right? Right?

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Barry" <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Then I guess I'd need somewhat better than a 40 mbps line