[opendtv] Re: Ever seen a quad-HD display ?

  • From: "Donald Koeleman" <donald.koeleman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 18:50:17 +0200

I have occasionally seen it happen to on my 29" (for the past 15 years the
biggest 4:3 tv set available, the 32/36" no longer being available in 4:3),
but for moviebuffs this shouldn't provide any problem, their projectors will
show a nice enough picture, perhaps they need to get two 4:3 ones to fill
their 3 meter wide screen, but they are set to watch wider than 1.78:1.

Till a few years ago (eventhough by then it had become less and less common)
the broadcasters overhere would show movies in 4:3 or even 16:9 pan and
scan, except for the opening and closing credits, so epic trek west westerns
started out with terrific widescreenshots of the horizon over the plains,
and then it changed to a full screen.

d.