[opendtv] Re: Electric power as a natural monopoly

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 19:23:55 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> Not at all. The transmission lines are a shared resource.

Finally. Therefore, this "shared resource" cannot compete against someone
else's infrastructure, and it becomes the natural monopoly.

>> Among other reasons why, because the **individual content owners**
>> won't need to be hampered by the demands of the local distribution
>> monopolies.
>
> Really?
>
> So who is going to deliver the bits?

An independent and neutral ISP. My Verizon ADSL ISP absolutely does not limit
me in what TV sites I can browse, and in what content these TV sites offer. I
thought you understood what net neutrality means.

If ISPs get into the act of controlling Internet content, watch the FCC clamp
down on them.