[opendtv] Re: Electric power as a natural monopoly

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 00:37:28 +0000

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

>> E.g., the congloms will not be forced to submit to tier structures that
>> are important to the MVPD of times past. Instead, the congloms can
>> explore any number of different options, either on their own, and/or
>> through any number of different intermediary OTT sites. And individual
>> households are free to choose what *they* prefer, instead of having to
>> submit to the whims of their local MVPD's "natural monopoly"
>> preferences.
>
> Keep dreaming Bert.
>
> What you desire is not happening.

Heh heh. This from the guy who insisted FOR YEARS that HDTV was always going to
be expensive, intended only for only for a niche clientele.

Here, this is a compilation of 18 aggregation portals (not including wwitv.com,
by the way), which show both conglom sites and non-conglom sites:

http://websearch.about.com/od/freetvonline/tp/How-To-Watch-Free-Tv-On-The-Web-The-Top-30-Websites.htm

Apparently, it's happening. And the content you claim to be "most valuable,"
although of no interest to me, presumably ESPN, even they are considering their
options. I posted an article to that effect already.

Craig, you're being left behind!