[opendtv] Re: Echostar make or break

  • From: Barry Brown <barrysb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 20:49:22 -0400

John,

Please explain the difference in living in a white area versus living in an area where the signal is blocked or severely modified (reflections) by intervening structures that prevent acceptable OTA reception without putting up a 75' mast to clear the trees next door.

Barry
On Sep 5, 2006, at 8:07 PM, John Willkie wrote:

The SHVIA and SHVERA weren't writen, and the rights granted to viewers weren't granted for those whose signals are interrupted by intervening houses or structures, or to cure the situation where good signals aren't convenient to acquire. Clearly, this isn't a good cause to violate contractural rights of content providers and local stations.