[opendtv] Re: EPA tightens up power specs for PCs

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:28:01 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "flyback1" <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>

No, definitely NOT an urban Legend--there was a FRONTLINE show on PBS about it, about 15 years ago. Pretty amazing to me that one company could
derail an efficient public transportation system to line their own pockets.

Interesting. I work at a PBS member station, and according to the Frontline website which has transcripts of all their programs, only three have the word "streetcar" and none of them are about the GM conspiracy. Do you recall the name of the program?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/gsearch.html?q=streetcar&filter=0

There was an independent film titled "Taken For A Ride" that was shown on PBS's program "Point Of View" but was not produced by PBS. "Taken For A Ride" outlined this GM/Firestone/Standard Oil conspiracy, as did the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit." However I wouldn't consider either one definitive on the subject.

http://www.pbs.org/pov/pov1996/takenforaride/

John