[opendtv] Re: EPA tightens up power specs for PCs

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:39:00 -0500

Without rubber burnouts would never be the same :) And those 19x9.5 rear
wheels work great for traction control when launching at 3500rpm :)

Cheers
Kon

> and, to take the "social control of mobility" a few steps further,
mag-lev, would take millions of people to where only thousands want to
travel, and avoid all the friction/wastage issues with "flanged wheels."

> I first heard this argument 24 years ago.  Mag lev -- at least for
urban/interurban transport which is what most transport is -- is still
too expensive to even contemplate.  And, all the long distance systems
are subsidized by states.