[opendtv] Re: EPA tightens up power specs for PCs

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:34:50 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

and, to take the "social control of mobility" a few steps further, mag-lev,
would take millions of people to where only thousands want to travel, and avoid
all the friction/wastage issues with "flanged wheels."

I first heard this argument 24 years ago.  Mag lev -- at least for
urban/interurban transport which is what most transport is -- is still too
expensive to even contemplate.  And, all the long distance systems are
subsidized by states.