[opendtv] Re: EPA tightens up power specs for PCs

  • From: flyback1 <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 23:29:23 -0400

OK, I want to watch you all convoy around Horseshoe Curve.

Tom Barry wrote:

And trains get absolutely horrible mileage if you don't massively carpool all the time.

- Tom

Brian Park wrote:

I would love to drive a train, but there are no tracks to my house, just car wheels on a gravel road.

bp

flyback1 wrote:

Or, all you electric, hybrid and other alternative power car fanatics could reduce the coefficient of friction to 1% of what rubber has for the road by taking the train.
Steel against steel is far more efficient than rubber against asphalt.

John Shutt wrote:

Kon,

After you paid for the 6,800 Li-Ion battery cells to put in your $35,000 Elise, you're back up to the $100k range again. In fact (as if you didn't know) the Tesla rolling chassis is built by Lotus. Imagine that?

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kon Wilms" <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

What they fail to mention is that the Tesla can't possibly take
advantage of all that torque at the crank without spinning the wheels -
heck it has 7.5" wheel width in the rear!

A $35k Lotus Elise with a few modifications (maybe none) would probably
beat it. Just think of what you could save :)

Cheers
Kon

- By sending a message to: opendtv-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.

- By sending a message to: opendtv-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.