[opendtv] Re: EPA tightens up power specs for PCs

  • From: Brian Park <floman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:32:19 -0500

I think there are similar parallels between adoption of HDTV and electric cars. 5 years ago, a set was over $10k and limited to wealthy early adopters, today you can get a decent RPTV well under $2k that easily exceeds the performance of the $10k dinosaur.

Tesla do seem to have their act together, starting with a small performance car that does 0-60 in about 4 seconds and has a range over 300 miles between charges. It may be expensive to buy, but not to run, and they will sell every one they make to early adopters - I know a young Internet millionaire here in Austin who cannot wait to get delivery of his Tesla in March. In five years its descendant could cost under $20,000 and outperform the original. Then I'll buy one.

bp
ImSpace

Bob Miller wrote:

Maybe it resells in 10 years for an inflation adjusted $200,000. Who
knows then the investment makes you $5 every mile you drive. Minus the
$.02 it cost for the electricity of course.

Bob Miller

On 10/26/06, John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ah, but with the fuel savings it pays for itself in 34.8 years!  ;)