[opendtv] Re: EE Times: Over-the-Top TV Rises at the Expense of Broadcast/Cable TV

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 01:31:03 +0000

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

>> It's almost like people can't fathom TV actually being on the real,
>> you know, global, open, neutral Internet. A real cognitive dissonance
>> there.
>
> Not at all Bert.  Simply wishful thinking on your part.
>
> For some reason that I cannot fathom, you seem to believe that the
> content owners are going to reverse decades of history and start making
> everything available FOTI with embedded ads.

Being distracted by TV in the background again, Craig? Content owners ARE
ALREADY DOING THIS, either FOTI ***or for pay***. How many times do I have to
repeat that before it sinks in?

Not just at their own sites, but also in other sites like Hulu, Hulu Plus,
Netflix, and Amazon. These sites and many more exist already, Craig. Quit
arguing in circles.

> I would not bet against the Internet either. But I will bet that the
> companies making the lion's share of the >$2,000 annual expenditures for
> entertainment will be the same, long after the debate about how we will
> access the bits is over.

Like I said many, many times, the congloms are not likely to lose out on
Internet TV.