[opendtv] Re: DuMont Television

  • From: Mark Schubin <TVMark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 08:00:44 -0500

I'll send to you.

TTFN,
Mark

Larry Bloomfield wrote:
He'd probably like to review it, if you'd care to share it.

Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC
1980 25th St.
Florence, OR 97439
(541) 902-2424 (everything number)
www.Tech-Notes.TV
See you on the Taste of NAB Road Show

Mark Schubin wrote:
I've done some research on DuMont's Vitascan flying-spot-scanner system.

TTFN,
Mark

Larry Bloomfield wrote:
I have an associate who is a retired broadcast engineer and is researching the early history of television including the contributions of Dr. Allen B. DuMont and the DuMont Television Network.  He says that while Clarke Ingram has done extensive work on the DuMont History, very little has been said about the technical side of the Network.  He has questions about what happened to the TV Equipment manufacturing arm of DuMont Laboratories and understands DuMont equipment was used by many early broadcasters with some as a "turnkey" station.  He'd sure like a list of those stations.  Having lived in Kansas City, Missouri for much of his career, he had an opportunity to visit DuMont's only UHF outlet after it went dark.  Actually, all that is left is the original studio space in a downtown building and the transmitter site (now a church) on the Kansas side of the Stateline.  He's asked me for his help and now I'm asking for yours.
--

---------------------------------------------------------------------- You can UNSUBSCRIBE from the OpenDTV list in two ways: - Using the UNSUBSCRIBE command in your user configuration settings at FreeLists.org - By sending a message to: opendtv-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line.