[opendtv] Doug Lung series on OFDM

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OpenDTV Mail List <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:29:57 -0500

Over the years, Bert has often cited articles by Doug Lung when we discuss RF standards - the infamous 8VSB vs COFDM debate.

So I expect Bert will find this three part series by Lung, on a what would be required for broadcasters to transition to a new COFDM broadcast standard, to be of interest.

Lot's of interesting stuff here for further discussion, but the fact that Lung is tackling this issue says volumes...

Part 1
http://www.tvtechnology.com/distribution/0099/ofdm-getting-down-to-basics/215226

Part 2

<http://www.tvtechnology.com/distribution/0099/ofdm-getting-down-to-basics-key-parameters/215731>http://www.tvtechnology.com/distribution/0099/ofdm-getting-down-to-basics-key-parameters/215731