[opendtv] Does Apple's Tim Cook Want an Apple Television?

  • From: Monty Solomon <monty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipient:;
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 23:58:03 -0500

Does Apple's Tim Cook Want an Apple Television?

By NICK BILTON
DECEMBER 6, 2012

Apple customers have been yearning for it for years. And now, it
seems, the chief executive of Apple, Timothy D. Cook, wants one too:
an Apple-made television.

In an interview to be broadcast Thursday on "Rock Center With Brian
Williams" on NBC, Mr. Cook slid a tiny hint across the table that
such a product could exist someday.

"When I go into my living room and turn on the TV, I feel like I have
gone backwards in time by 20 to 30 years," Mr. Cook told Mr.
Williams. "It's an area of intense interest. I can't say more than
that."

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/does-apples-tim-cook-want-an-apple-television/