[opendtv] Re: Digital vs. Analog Quality

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:58:18 -0400

At 2:36 PM -0400 7/9/08, Cliff Benham wrote:
Craig Birkmaier wrote:
Neither of these are valid examples.

You  assume I&Q components for your statements about chroma bandwidth.
I assumed wideband R-Y&B-Y.

You also said that Betacam is capable of 120 lines of chroma resolution, but only for 'certain colors'. True for an I&Q encoded source, but not for a source using wideband
R-Y&B-Y, which is what the references I posted were describing.

The discussion was about how much information can be carried by a baseband composite video signal.

Please do not try to pull a "Bert" on us and justify your position by changing the subject.