[opendtv] Re: Digital vs. Analog Quality

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 14:36:40 -0400

Craig Birkmaier wrote:
Neither of these are valid examples.

You  assume I&Q components for your statements about chroma bandwidth.
I assumed wideband R-Y&B-Y.

You also said that Betacam is capable of 120 lines of chroma resolution, but only for 'certain colors'. True for an I&Q encoded source, but not for a source using wideband
R-Y&B-Y, which is what the references I posted were describing.