[opendtv] Re: Digital Terrestrial TV households expected to surge

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:47:51 -0400

Bob Miller wrote:

> Where in Euro is OTA DTV not popular?

Not popular in Benelux countries (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), not
popular in Germany either. I mean, overall, as a fraction of households
with TV.

One factor is how many TV frequency bands a country has. If they don't
have many, then OTA TV loses out, and DTT consequently won't be so
popular either.

In the Netherlands, apparently, DTT is only a pay TV option. Right,
Donald? So I don't expect it will be so popular there, even if they have
an adequate supply of spectrum for OTA TV.