[opendtv] Re: Digital TV: Brazil to Adopt Anything But the American System

  • From: "nat ostroff" <nostroff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 16:02:37 -0500

Here is something to contemplate:

When a broadcast group (to remain unnamed) produced a 30 second spot to
promote their over the air DTV signals and HD a cable company (to be
unnamed) responded by terminating $2,000,000 worth of advertising. The
reason? The broadcast stations were competing with the cable company! Now,
given that kind of leverage can broadcast stations really promote their over
the air, non revenue producing, DTV signals? This is not a fable! It really
happened!

Nat Ostroff