[opendtv] Re: Digital TV: Brazil to Adopt Anything But the American System

  • From: "Nick Kocsis" <kocsis_nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 16:36:59 -0500

Bert,

This is Brazil under discussion and not America that has the best government
that money can buy .

Portability and mobility trumps any amount of money if the goal is to use
spectrum in a manner that serves the public and not the politicians that get
all those juicy trips and dinners paid for by the lobbyists.    If I am
right 300 million Euros will buy a lot of  non-ATSC STB converters at
current market prices.     A much better deal than non subsidized ATSC boxes
that are more expensive, that claim to be the product of 'intelligent
design',  that at the same time have not completed their cycle of
'evolutionary' development into a product that does both mobile and
portable.

I am afraid that too many of us are of a mindset that if enough money is
involved you can buy anything.