[opendtv] Re: Digital, So Slow

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:53:16 -0400

In large-venue video, there is often an intentional delay to try to
match the acoustic delay from the speakers (1000 feet per second is a
convenient rough figure).  Thus, if the bulk of the audience is 300 feet
away from the speakers, the video might be delayed roughly 10 frames to
match the audio at that point.  Your being to the side might mean you
were closer to the speakers and, therefore, found the delay more noticeable.

TTFN,
Mark