[opendtv] Re: Digital Better Than Analog?

  • From: "johnwillkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:28:16 -0700

Sounds good, Dave.

But, I suspect that they're only using a very small portion of the bandwidth
into your home to deliver TV, since they're only sending the cchannel(s)
that you're actually watching at any moment.

I was just pondering the other day how I might offer a service that analyzes
-- for a fee -- ATSC transport streams in real-time.  "All" I need is a 20+
mb/sec pipe into my apartment; the most my cable company offers is the
equivalent of E0 service (2.0 mb/sec.)

But, a 45 mb/s FIOS connection would handle it.

John Willkie