[opendtv] Re: Did I get this one right?

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:36:59 -0700

Basically, you are clueless.   "Broadcasters" are the primary users of this
spectrum.  Wireless mics and other uses are secondary users of this
spectrum, to the extent that they not cause interference to the primary
users.  ISPs would be -- well, basically, ISPs have nothing to do with this
spectrum, since all the proposals is to permit your grandma to use this
spectrum for anything, nothing, except in 'bert's head, would limit the new
uses of this spectrum to ISPs, or even for ISP like services.

So, your "thought" is a non-starter, responding, obviously, to a condition
only available in some different dimension, where there are other
"legitimate" users of "the spectrum."

Glad to point it out

John Willkie