[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: flyback1 <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 03:16:18 -0500

I looked at the H-20 and it is a -600.
I guess I got lucky?
I'll think about opening it up to see if  there is a LGDT3303 chip inside.
Thanks.

Richard Hollandsworth wrote:

Various forums report that there are three different manufacturers for DirecTV's H20,
-100 (Thompson/RCA), -600 (LG) and -700s (Pace):
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=8488933&highlight=lg+samsung#post8488933
I haven't run across anyone who actually opened one up to see what's actually inside, but would speculate that LG is using their 5th gen LGDT3303 chip and would suspect that the other manufacturers are also using either the LG or an "equivalent" 5th gen chip based on date of design.

holl_ands

flyback1 <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Sigh.
    I have a DirecTV HD receiver, model  H-20. It is the latest,
    greatest they make. It works better than any of the eight others I
    have tried.  I think the ATSC portion of this receiver is  fifth
    generation. Not certain where I read this, may have been here or
    Audiokarma?
    Still can't get clear, steady pictures without occasional
    breakups. Just not acceptable to me.