[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 21:29:40 -0800

You said that you did tests only 22 miles from Manhattan, and only in 1999,
before you knew Mark Schubin.  I said that wasn't true, that you had done
tests in Manhattan in 2001 or 2002.  You now concede that you did tests in
Manhattan in 2002, and I presume that you knew Mark Schubin then.

I also said that you said on this list that you tried COFDM reception on the
street in front of Mark's apartment.  I inferred that you didn't try
reception in his apartment because the reception in the street was sub par.

Funnily enough (I don't know what floor the Famous Schubin site is on),
reception a few floors or more above the street might be better than at
ground level.

But, you lacked the cojones to try COFDM.  Unlike the people who have
trooped through his apartment trying to improve ATSC.

John Willkie

P.S.  This was, to the best of the my knowledge, the second COFDM tx attempt
in NYC that assiduously avoided the Schubin site.  I have no reason to
believe that you were involved in the earlier test.