[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:31:20 -0800 (PST)

Various forums report that there are three different manufacturers for
DirecTV's H20,
-100 (Thompson/RCA), -600 (LG) and -700s (Pace):
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=8488933&highlight=lg+samsung#post8488933
I haven't run across anyone who actually opened one up to see what's actually
inside, but would speculate that LG is using their 5th gen LGDT3303 chip and
would suspect that the other manufacturers are also using either the LG or an
"equivalent" 5th gen chip based on date of design.

holl_ands

flyback1 <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:           Sigh.
 I have a DirecTV HD receiver, model  H-20. It is the latest, greatest they
make. It works better than any of the eight others I have tried.  I think the
ATSC portion of this receiver is  fifth generation. Not certain where I read
this, may have been here or Audiokarma?
 Still can't get clear, steady pictures without occasional breakups. Just not
acceptable to me.

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $310,000 Mortgage for $999/mo -  Calculate new
house payment