[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 14:53:18 -0500

We tested from Long Island in 1999. We tested from Manhattan in 2002.
Both times we had low signal strength on the west side of Manhattan
north of Midtown. The only time we had access to altitude was in
Toronto from the CN Tower and COFDM worked at 30 miles north of the
city at 70 mph. Worked in Toronto anywhere even the sub basement of
the hotel. Lots of broadcasters and Canadian Government types
witnessed that demonstration to no avail.

Even worked while whipping the antenna, a piece of wire in loop form
attached to the end of coax, over our heads like a lasso.

Have videos of all but the 1999 test.

Bob Miller

Next test may be from the CitiCorp building in Queens at higher power.
But it will be DMB-TH.

Bob Miller

On 11/18/06, John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am I responsible for the truthfulness of Bob Miller's words?

I clearly remember him telling me what I have cited.  He is now obfuscating.

I don't know of his test sites, but I do know he has claimed (even offered
clips) of his tests in NYC.  ISTR that he was using NYC test tx and
reception sites.

I should know better than to ever believe his words.