[opendtv] Re: Demand for free DTV rising in Australia

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:51:04 -0400

Ken Hunold wrote:

> I've used this tuner in Washington, and it picks up many
> stations in DC (but not all) and Baltimore.  There are
> some notoriously hard-to-tune stations in DC, but I'll
> try again next week with the Silver Sensor (the last test
> was with a whip antenna.)

One of the bad ones here was the UPN station, Ch 20, because it was
transmitting something like 1.2 KW ERP. About a week after CW took over,
it got much better. I now see as much signal margin from CW20 as I do
from the very best other stations.

Another was the local PBS, WETA-DT. They relocated the antenna to the
same tower as Ch 7 and Ch 9, although still at relatively low power, on
a channel adjacent to their strong analog transmitter, they have gotten
much more reliable.

The third problem was WHUT-DT. I don't even know that they are
transmitting yet. From Howard University.