[opendtv] Re: Demand for free DTV rising in Australia

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:56:05 -0400

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> NONE of the cheap CRT based displays with integrated receivers
> that i wrote about a few days ago are 16:9.

And were any of them HDTVs? I haven't seen a 4:3 HDTV set in several
years.

In any event, I was comparing apples with apples. A price list from
Australia for certain specific items compared with the closest match
over here. The prices of integrated TV sets seems to be purely a
function of market volume and, as far as we can see, not at all a
function of modulation.

The comment about 16:9 was so I wouldn't have to repeat that for each
item.