[opendtv] Re: Demand for free DTV rising in Australia

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:16:45 -0700

These are the same leaked eye witness reports a heard regarding the MSTV/NAB
tests, even though they were not in the official report or in the
debriefings I attended in Washington. These tests were purposely not open to
outside scrutiny, unlike the earlier Sinclair demos. The MSTV test was set
up, with the aid of Zenith, specifically to provide political cover for NAB
to recommend staying the course with ATSC. Believe it or Not.....

Unfortunately I don't see anyway that COFDM can be retested and it's
unlikely that the infrastructure is still in place in Baltimore to semi
duplicate the 8VSB portion of that test, but if so, it might be interesting
if done by a small ad hoc group using the original testing criteria (loop
antenna and all....). It is unfortunate that Sinclair didn't videotape the
original tests though I suppose that would receive that same treatment as
Bob's taped demo.