[opendtv] Re: Delay

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:38:29 -0800

Sounds counter-intuitive, John.  You'd have a stronger argument that it was
merely a placeholder to gain access to the cable head-end if you were
sending null packets instead of multicasting.

Also, I should point out that commercial broadcasters have must
carry/retrans consent.  Non-commercial educational have must carry, with a
cap on the amount of capacity (at least in analog) that cable must devote to
non-commercial educational signals.

John Willkie