[opendtv] Re: Delay

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:01:06 -0500

Well, we run an HD and an SD. Our Program Manager wants to run 4 SDs during the daytime and an HD/SD combo in the evenings. In a larger market such as NYC, I can easily see doubling the number of program streams without compromising HD.

However, with the current ATSC technology, our running multiple SDs is simply a ploy to invoke the "multicast must-carry" that was negotiated between NCTA, APTS, and PBS. As Craig so often points out, our DTV signal has become a placeholder to gain access to the cable head end.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Golitsis" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>