[opendtv] Re: Delay

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 19:49:46 -0800

I think it might be informative to compare to ota promotion of HDTV versus
ota promotion of HD radio.

The other morning, while waking up, I heard a promotion on Clear Channel's
KOGO-AM for a give-away of a Boston Acoustic high definition radio, and the
clear signal that KOGO allegedly has with HDR.

Gee, I thought, is this out of the goodness of their heart, or is this a
paid promo?

A few minutes later, I signed on to TVNewsday.com.  Which brought news of a
system-wide promo deal between Clear Channel and Boston Acoustic.

Very reminiscent of the early-stage promos at the beginning of TV shows, for
High definition TVs.

TV and radio stations -- at least the commercial ones -- air spots when
paid.

John Willkie

P.S.  I was talking to a guy yesterday, Mark, who said that your analog TV
reception is somewhere between TASO grade 2 and 2.5.  Where would you peg
it?