[opendtv] Re: De-interlacing with HQV high quality video processing

  • From: dgrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:24:06 -0700

While I find interlacing reprehensible, since there are interlaced formats
that need to be displayed, couldn't displays be designed to display
appropriate pixels at the appropriate time?  Seems to me that it is just a
matter of clocking in the right pixels at the right time, allowing a
progressive or interlaced image to be displayed natively.  I am sure I am
showing my lack of knowledge in the architecture of bussing bits in the
current display technologies.  But it seems like something could be
designed that way.  Of course, it doesn't account for the different
resolutions.

Dan Grimes

                      Mark Schubin

                      <tvmark@earthlink        To:       opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      .net>                    cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [opendtv] Re:
De-interlacing with HQV high quality
                      opendtv-bounce@fr         video processing

                      eelists.org

                      10/05/2005 11:00

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      opendtv

I agree with that, too.  But I would add that it's possible that
progressive source material would be less stressful to the
bit-rate-reduction process.

TTFN,
Mark

John Shutt wrote:

>Given all the macroblocking I see in bit-starved HD during fast pans,
zooms,
>and dissolves, interlace artifacts are the least of my worries.
>
>John

-- Type: image/gif
-- File: graycol.gif

-- Type: image/gif