[opendtv] Defining Visions: They've Done It To Us Again. . .???!!!

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:03:11 -0400

http://www.ultimateavmag.com/joelbrinkley/805jb/index.html

The article starts out...

Here's a piece of really bad news for all 10 million of us who own
digital television sets that are more than six months old. You won't be
able to watch the new high-definition DVDs in high definition unless you
buy a new TV. Whose to blame for this? Hollywood, of course.

Toshiba, the primary backer of HD DVD, one of the two competing
high-definition formats, let it slip during road shows in Europe and the
United States last month that the one and only high-definition output
from its players will be HDMI, the digital input of choice on most new
digital TVs. As recently as a year ago, DVI, not HDMI, was the input of
choice, but even TVs with that older and still copy-protected input will
not be able to watch HD DVDs in high definition.

... (go to article for more...) ...
http://www.ultimateavmag.com/joelbrinkley/805jb/index.html

My first questions are... Will HD-DVD (or BlueRay for that matter) ever
make it? Will there me the financial incentive to move towards it? Can
Mr./Mrs./Ms. "Average American" see the difference?

Then I ask... If it DOES succeed, who will compensate me for having
bought a set that does not have HDMI?

--

><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>

Regards,
Mark A. Aitken Director, Advanced Technology

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><

===================================
Sinclair Broadcast Group
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
Business TEL: (410) 568-1535
Business MOBILE: (443) 677-4425
Business FAX: (410) 568-1580
E-mail: maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
Text PAGE: page.maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
HTML PAGE: 4436774425@xxxxxxxxxx
www.newscentral.tv
www.sbgi.net
===================================

I believe there are more instances
of the abridgment of the freedom of
the people by gradual and silent
encroachments of those in power than
by violent and sudden usurpations.

~ James Madison, Virginia Convention, 1788 ~

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this
email message is addressed.  If you have received this email message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and
destroy the original message without making a copy.  Thank you.