[opendtv] DVB-T challenges DVB-H

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:53:39 -0400

When we were first introduced to DVB-H we came to the conclusion that
we were not interested. Reason? We didn't think that the power problem
was something that should drive a business plan. We felt that the
solution to the power problem was best left to battery and chip
designers.

We also felt that content and delivery should not be constrained by
just addressing the cell phone market. So we discounted what Crown
Castle and Qualcomm were/are doing. We felt that ubiquitous reception
of a decent quality TV signal was the killer app. Still do.

Recently we saw Aloha, Highwire, state that was the way they are going
with their 12 MHz. The Chinese standard, CDMB-TH is already way low as
to power needs.

http://www.eetasia.com/ART_8800456833_480700_396e943720070316_no.HTM

Bob Miller