[opendtv] Re: DVB to ATSC conversion

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 18:44:37 -0400

I think the streams are compatible enough you can play them on many PC software players. They may be a different frame rate, use a different audio codec, or have different supplemental info of various sorts but I believe are still basically transport streams where if you have the correct dshow filters you can still handle them.

- Tom

John McClenny wrote:

Ignorant question - if i get a DVB stream from Europe, how do I convert it to ATSC/NTSC for US use?

Take it to SDI and encode?  Some direct conversion box?

I know nada about DVB and coudl use a handwaving level of advice here.

thanks!

John McClenny