[opendtv] Re: DTV Beta: Internet TV

  • From: "Silvio Macedo" <s.macedo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 23:35:16 +0100

I believe it may be worth to underline that in addition, on the site,
one can read (note the optional use of p2p technology, open standards
and a media archive...):

Broadcast Machine is software you install on your website to easily
publish video files. It gives you the option of using torrent
technology to reduce or eliminate bandwidth costs, even when you are
posting high quality video to thousands of people.  Broadcast Machine
is free, open source software, and is designed for easy installation.
It features an intuitive interface, integrated torrent creation, and
flexible channel management.  Broadcast Machine also creates a
browsable archive of videos on your website. But the real purpose of
the software is to be the perfect publishing tool for our video player
that will be released in August-- Broadcast Machine creates channels
that, when viewed in the player, give people a TV-like viewing
experience.