[opendtv] Re: DTV Audio and video synchronization

  • From: "Adam Goldberg" <adam_g@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:42:41 -0400

I believe that Dolby used to have a mandatory fixed-delay specified for
(outboard) AC-3 decoders.  45ms, if I recall correctly.  With that spec,
displays should be able to present video at the right time.

Sure, there's opportunity for products to NOT do that, but it's fully
specified.  No standards work to do.

Adam Goldberg
adam_g@xxxxxxxxx