[opendtv] Re: DISH Network Delivers Six Networks Simultaneously to Interactive TV Viewers; Mosaic of Popular TV Channels and Interactive Features Entice Viewers

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 03:33:00 -0700 (PDT)

See a 2 minute demo video of the Formula 1 feed, as well as other examples of
Interactive TV:
http://www.broadbandbananas.com/vvsports.html
I'm gonna need a really big HDTV with quad PIP input to display three big
screens plus the navigator screen....
or figure out how to mount four big LCD panels, each fed by a separate
receiver.....

                                      <holl_ands>

Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Formula One provided a multi-channel interactive feed (since 1996) via
multi-lingual feeds on ASTRA:
http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft00235.html
http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft00219.html
http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ftjs018.html
http://www.evs.tv/Download/SuccessStories/DVB_AppliNote_1.0_Formula1.pdf
The www.premiere.de website used to have some example screenshots for
Interactive Formula 1, but the link no longer works.

Unfortunately, it's not in HD. Maybe next season....

Cliff Benham wrote:
Are you sure?
Maybe THAT'S where they got the idea?